[mythtv-users] "Fast" wireless options?

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Thu Feb 26 05:49:21 UTC 2009

I have two Linksys WRT350N (these run DD-WRT, I'm not sure if OpenWRT is
supported on them) routers that are connected via 1GB link and have the same
SSID so that my Laptop can roam between the two.

My master backend is connected to one of them and I have mostly no issues
with watching HD recordings while connected via wireless. The card in the
Laptop is Intel 4965AGN and Linux support was quite spotty initially but
recent kernel versions ( 2.6.27 ) work quite good.

Occasionally I do get wireless network issues occasionally due to
interference (I can see at least 15 other wireless networks) and then you
can see stuttering for a few seconds and sometimes the FE will just exit but
this is just an additional convenience frontend so I'm OK with it.

--dejan