[mythtv-users] "Fast" wireless options?

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 07:33:28 UTC 2009

2009/2/26 Matt <thehappyfunball at gmail.com>

> I am looking for a way to get data to a FE so that HDTV is possible.
> The only reasonable way to get data to this location is using
> wireless.
>
> - Are there any 802.11n adapters that have reasonable support in Linux yet?
> - Are there any Wireless-N routers that are supported by OpenWRT so I
> can bridge them?
>
> Are there any other 'fast' wireless options for Linux?  I can get a
> cable to the FE, but I need some way to bridge the two wired segments
> with a really fast "wireless" segment.
>
> Thanks!

Have you considered ethernet over power. Here is a link to one solution

http://www.netcomm.com.au/products/ethernetoverpower/np201av_homeplug

That runs at 200mbit. I think the only limitation is that you need the
devices to run on the same phase. Most homes are single phase now
anyways....

Note that this is an Australian version as well....

Would this fit?

Phil