[mythtv-users] OT: Nice desktop menu for HTPC.

covert covert thecovert at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:08:45 UTC 2009

Trying to make my HTPC a little nicer. Currently is has MythTV and
XBMC on it. I would like to have a nice looking desktop menu to launch
the different HTPC software. I have edited one of the MythTV menu
pages to launch XBMC with but now I want to add some more applications
and I am looking for another way to give access to launching them, and
too look nice.

My idea was to have a nice menu with big icons on it. Like what you
see on a portable GPS with media, music, ebook buttons and so on.

Another example - Something with Widgets on it would be nice. Like a
Iphone home screen, Weather, RSS headlines and so on.

Already friends come around and get a major WOW factor at my HTPC,
Just making it that little better.

So for the people using there HTPC for more than just Myth how have
you made it nice and WAF friendly.