[mythtv-users] Sched Direct shows Lost from 9:00-10:11?

Joel Means means.joel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:59:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Jason Weida <jason.m.weida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm.  Two weeks ago, Lost did not record due to a "Later Showing".  We
> didn't realize it until after the fact, so I raised the priority of Lost to
> +5, everything else on my system is at 0.  (I'm HDHR OTA only and don't
> record a lot, true conflicts are rare).
>
> No major losses other than having to watch with the annoying "pop ups" a
> week late, but I'd like to find out a way to always record the first
> showing.  The main concern, however is the reason for the "conflict" because
> it happened again this week.  I checked it before it was set to record and I
> think I see why it did not record two weeks ago...  It appears that the
> scheduling data shows Lost showing from 9:00-10:11pm.  10:11 PM?  The
> "conflict" is "Life on Mars" (the show which follows Lost on ABC), SD has it
> scheduled to start at 10:09 PM, 2 minutes before Lost ends!
>
> 1. What the hell is up with those times?  Is this a problem with Schedules
> Direct?  Did anyone else have this?  I have not looked at the raw data from
> SD, but I thought I'd get some quick feedback on here.
> 2. Shouldn't Myth realize that since they are on the same channel everything
> is cool and no need to record the later showing?  I guess the overlapping
> times would be a condition not tested...
> 3. Is there an option somewhere in the recording rule to specify you want to
> always record the first showing of a show?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jason

I will mention two things.  First, my schedule shows Lost ending and
Life on Mars beginning at 8:06 (MST).  So I am not sure where your
overlap may have come from.  The second, and more important thing, is
that I have applied the HDHR Multirec (patch #6138) for 0.21-fixes and
no longer have problems like this.  It allows me to put in padding on
both shows, with overlap, without any conflicts.  I start early and
end late by two minutes on both shows, and now I don't get a split in
the middle of the last scene on Lost (or the first scene of Life on
Mars).  If you are comfortable patching and compiling on your own, I
would recommend this patch.
Joel