[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 01:58:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/2/27 <jarpublic at gmail.com>
>>
>> I thought that the opengl renderer wouldn't work in .21 because of
>> some bug in the nvidia drivers. I still get the problem where things
>> work fine for the first video I play but subsequent videos will just
>>
>> have a black screen when I use the opengl renderer. Do those patches
>> make it so that you can use the opengl renderer or do the newer
>
> This is an issue that Mark's opengl patches fix : it forces to use OpenGL
> 1.2... The bug occur when you use OpenGL 1.3
>
> This is discussed in this thread:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111308
>
>> beta
>> nvidia drivers address this issue? Also is there any quality
>> improvement by using opengl or is it just a matter of offloading
>> computation but yielding the same result?
>
> the new opengl hardware accelerated deinterlacers are much better than those
> that comes with the default 0.21.
>
> Those OpenGL fixes have been merged with trunk BTW in December 08

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't find any specifics on that. I
have just been using the standard Ubuntu packages. I have avoided
compiling on my own because I end up spending enough time fiddling
with my system already. I don't need an excuse to tweak (or break)
more stuff. I have VDPAU capable system, but I only have an SDTV. I
think I may try installing the packages you have made available in
your repository. Then I can at least test out the opengl stuff, and
make sure everything is in line for VDPAU when I get a nicer TV.
Thanks for all the info and for all the work you've done.