[mythtv-users] What is temporal spatial deinterlacing, and how do I get it?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Feb 27 09:00:59 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> 2009/2/27 Brad Templeton <brad+myth at templetons.com
> <mailto:brad%2Bmyth at templetons.com>>
>
>     Hmm.  I tried using "Interlaced" with opengl -- I had not been aware
>     that there were extra deinterlacers with opengl -- and all I get
>     is:
>

> Did you try adding the extra opengl deinterlacers and fixes written by
> Mark Kendall for 0.21 fixes ?
> http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/

I believe Mark's patch actually removes the field order deinterlacer,
replacing it - under the heading of "Interlaced" - with his "Bob
without the bob". As far as I can see, theoretically "Bob without
the bob" would be brilliant for playing 1080i with a 1080p output
mode, but it wouldn't be as good as field order for playing into
1080i.

P.