[mythtv-users] Chris Isaak

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Feb 27 15:15:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 02:41:26PM +0000, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Dean Collins wrote:
>> Commercials Help Viewers Enjoy Shows Time
>> <http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2009/02/commercials_help_viewers_
>> enjoy.php>
>>
>> A new study shows that commercial interruptions often make television
>> shows more enjoyable, Time
>> <http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1881927,00.html>
>> magazine reports. When annoying breaks end, viewers are happy to have
>> their program back, according to the study, called "Enhancing
>> Television-Viewing Experience Through Commercial Interruptions."
>> -Jon Lafayette
>>
>> One of the things I really find I'm enjoying on Hulu is the lack of ads.
>>
>> Maybe it's just me but the amount of times I catch myself
>> saying....another freaking ad that I'm paying for when watching Time
>> Warner.....didn't we pay for cable tv so that they would have less ads?
>>
> ...and who sponsored these surveys? Advertisers, perhaps?

   We watch shows ripped from DVDs.

   We watch shows recorded from cable and broadcast with commercial skip.

   No one in this house misses the ads.

   The only thing that might "undermine enjoyment" is the tendency of
small children to watch the same thing over and over again. Star Warners
is cute the first time, or the 3rd but gets really tiresome day in and
day out.