[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Feb 27 17:50:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> I don't think anyone would disagree that using a usa based proxy to view
> Hulu content in Australia isn't breaking the law.

I would.

Which law is being broken here?

A content publisher can make any sort of rules they like.  They can
say that their content can only be viewed if you're wearing a hat, if
they want, but they can't enforce these rules by the force of law.

Copyright law allows restrictions on copying and public performance.
It's not a blanket grant for whatever terms the copyright holder
wants.

Eric