[mythtv-users] Manually adding program descriptions

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 21:29:44 UTC 2009

>>Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know of any ramifications or altering/adding descriptions
>>>on recorded programs in the recorded table?

I'm glad you asked that, I was thinking of asking something different
but related ...

Michael T. Dean wrote:

>Currently there is no UI for changing descriptions, so the only real
>ramification of changing the descriptions is all the ramifications
>that go along with directly editing the contents of the DB.
>
>Note that I'm hoping to find time to add a UI for editing
>descriptions before 0.22 is released...

That's something to look forward to.

In my case, I've been thinking of editing the descriptions to add
series/episode information. I've noticed that hardly any programs
include episode numbers, and even fewer give the series number (in
fact I can't think of a single program I watch where the series
number is included). Just having a long list with a description of
what happens isn't much use unless you know what was in each episode
of which series - in which case, not much fun watching it again IME.

--
Simon Hobson