[mythtv-users] mythtv and music

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 05:38:04 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good music player that could be
integrated into mythtv. The mythmusic interface is not to my liking. I like
to be adle to decide how to find music (genre, album, artist etc) and
mythmusic is not very good at that. I know you can change the sort order but
going into the settings every time is counter intuitive.

xbmc looks interesting but it is too much - perhaps there is a way of
cutting down xbmc so the only part of the interface is the music player - I
will look and see if this is possible

amarok is not really remote control friendly I know it can be done, but the
interface is not written to run on a tv with a remote...

Is there anything else?

Phil