[mythtv-users] MytvTV box shutting down... but I don't know why!?

Rob Greene robgreene at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 17:11:59 UTC 2009

I have a MythTV box that periodically shuts down.  And actually, I
don't know if it is actually shut down ... it's just not available.
When I go to check on the server, it is turned off.  This is in the
furnace room, so nobody is just going in there and hitting the power
switch, either..

I'm running MythDora on an old Compaq W6000 (dual Xeon processors). It
records analog TV through a PVR 250 and 350 and HDTV through an
HDHomeRun.

I've looked in the mythbackend.log file and didn't see anything.
Anywhere else I should look?  And any idea what I'd be looking for?
It's not happening daily, but probably about once a week.

Thanks for any ideas!
-Rob