[mythtv-users] Internal player can't play my mkv files

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 23:27:54 UTC 2009

>  For me I had to take all of my handbrake generated 264 mkv's and pass
> them through mkvmerge gui. Mine would play but I couldn't seek around
> in them. I just open it in mkvmerge. Set an output file, set "cues" to default, and hit start muxing, 2 or 3 minutes later I have a new seekable file.

Odd, most of the files I encode using handbrake turn out OK (now that
I figured out what preset to use), seeking is fine except everything
goes blocky for a second, however it does seek. the only time i've had
to use mkvmerge is when playing back the file, it reports a crazy long
time length. I don't know if mkvmerge makes a difference for the
blockness issue when seeking.

The original issue the user had sounds like an issue I had a while
ago, I fixed that by upgrading to the newest version of Ubuntu and
Mythtv.