[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Australia/NZ/Europe

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Tue Jan 6 06:58:42 UTC 2009

----- "Lindsay Mathieson" <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> schreef:
> Following Phils Post about a DVB-T version of the HDHomeRun I found
> this:
>
>   http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun_dvbt
>

> Looks Brilliant. Be interesting to see what the cost will be.
>
> Coming Soon
>  The DVB-T HDHomeRun (Europe, Australia, New Zealand) has entered
> production
> and will be available for pre-release in the near future.
> HDHomeRun™ Networked Digital TV Tuner (DVB-T) ¶
> One Box, Two Digital Tuners, Anywhere on Your Network
> Supports DVB-T over-the-air digital TV.
> Supports unencrypted DVB-C digital cable.

I was looking at this yesterday as well. Unfortunately, the fact that it doesn't support encryption (neither for DVB-T or DVB-C as far as I can see), renders it useless for most of Europe. If it had a CAM slot, I would buy this device instantly to replace my analog tuners. After years of waiting, there still is no dual-tuner DVB-C card on the market :(

Kind regards,

Mark