[mythtv-users] Australian components

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 14:40:48 UTC 2009

Thanks for the response...

2009/1/6 Ben Coleman <arrikhan_mail at yahoo.com.au>:
> My specs as an FYI ... which are old these days.. by at least 1 year or
> more!
>
> They all run standard Debian Etch (2.6.16 kernel) w/Mythtv 0.20. Am about to
> upgrade to Debian Lenny in order to get drivers to work on new Mobo on
> backend (new gbit on board needs newer linux amongst other things, installed
> OLD network card to get by!)

I think I have narrowed down my shopping list. I am going to use this
opportunity to also upgrade my home linux server to be the mythtv
backend and will probably buy the hauppage NOVA-t 500 dual DVB-T tuner
card and use an external 1TB hard drive to hold the video content. I
will be upgrading my network to gigabit ethernet as part of this...

This server is also going to be a web and and mail server, proxy,
firewall etc...

I am thinking of going with s diskless frontend and boot over the
network. Have been looking at mythbuntu as the distribution to use.

The ASUS M3N78-HDMI will most likely be the motherboard I buy for the
frontend and I am undecided on a case at the moment. Any suggestion on
what AMD CPU I should buy?

Cheers

Phil