[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct, Google checkout and credit checks

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 17:31:59 UTC 2009

On 1/6/2009 5:01 AM, lanas wrote:
>   So, is there any alternative to Schedules Direct that would have a
> more customer-friendly approach to paying ?

Do you have another suggested payment processor?  I added Google because
folks were not happy with PayPal.  We don't want to even know your CC#
or other info because we know what it takes to properly protect your
privacy and don't think it's worth the expense to go there. (we try to
stay lean)

The most anonymous solution is to buy a Debit/Vista/Gift card at a
retailer for cash, you can then use the PayPal CC without an account
payment method.

As others have noted, I don't see why Google would periodically check a
card in your account. Remember they don't want to be evil. :)

I do know we've never gotten any notifications from Google after an
order has processed except for a few chargeback requests.  We certainly
would not disable your account, and don't do any recurring charges.

Robert
Schedules Direct