[mythtv-users] Changing/modifiying start channel?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:36:41 UTC 2009

On 06/01/2009, Bruce Evans <cebe111 at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I understand it, the watch TV function will immediately tune to the
>  last tuned channel.  Currently my system will tune to a channel that I
>  do not want when it first starts up.  It does not seem to start on the
>  last tuned channel at all as I have changed the channel, watched this
>  new channel, exited live tv, re-entered live tv and it tunes to the
>  old, unwanted channel once again.  I've various tuning and channel
>  changes to no avail

Which version of MythTV are you running ('mythbackend --version')?

Do you have multirec enabled?

> Is there a database entry I can modify to reset this correctly?

mythconverg.cardinput.startchan is the field. It is possible to use a
cron job to automatically update the starting channels to a desired
value, however the preferred (manual) method is to use mythtv-setup's
Input Connections section for the relevant input.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: