[mythtv-users] Myth switching to higher video mode, causing problem with HDMI

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Tue Jan 6 20:14:33 UTC 2009

I had Myth working great through an HDMI 1x4 video splitter.  My two
existing devices were 720p

I just added a new TV which does 1080p...and it seems that my myth box
detects that and is upping the resolution to 1080p (which causes the other
TV's to blank out).

I realize this is more of an Xorg issue...but hopefully someone here has
encountered something similar.

Is there a way from the command line to show the current video resolution?

Is there a way to force X to stick to a particular resolution HDMI
resolution?  (I think HDMI devices send back their resolutions?)

Thanks