[mythtv-users] Adding new 1 Terabyte Drive and Moving existingRecordings

Ben Coleman arrikhan_mail at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 7 11:10:11 UTC 2009

I set volume labels on drives then mount based on volume in /etc/fstab as
follows..

LABEL=750GB  /mnt/sde1  ext3  suid,dev,exec  0  0

This makes life so much easier as you know exactly what drive you're working
with (don't have to remember UUID) if you create a name that reflects the
drive in a unique way. It just so happens none of my drives are exactly the
same size ... (as per above example of using the size :)

Google how to set volume labels on drives as it differs for all filesystem
types.

Regards,

BC.