[mythtv-users] VDPAU Current Status Report

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Wed Jan 7 20:59:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Mitchell,
> > I had a few of the same problems (different cared GeForce 8400 GS)  but
> was
> > able to fix all of them.  I am currently (last night) using SVN 19597 and
> > driver 180.16.  I was not able to get 180.18 working (complains about
> Load
> > (Type1) not valid).
> > I'm using the Advanced 2x HW playback.
> > The problem I originally had with stuttering playback was actually caused
> by
> > audio buffer overruns (improper configured audio).
> > My CPU was pegged with .21 myth (an no NVPAU) and playback didn't occur.
> >  Now my CPU is around 9% with trunk and NVPAU.
> > I would suggest trying the 180.16 driver and the latest trunk.  Seems
> fairly
> > stable so far.
> > Steve
>
> Now this is what i wanted to hear.  I will checkout that version and
>
> How was ur audio misconfigured?  I have never really needed to mess
> with my sound card config. The default installer seemed to always
> work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Mitchell

I was assuming the default was good but when I watch the log file
(mythfrontend -v playback >& frontend.log) I saw a ton of buffer overruns
from the audio.   So I did some research and found that I just need to use
the proper setting.  I don't remember what I set it to (not near the machine
now) but once I got the settings right I didn't see the overrun in the log
anymore and the playback was beautiful.

Steve