[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 9 14:31:11 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>     Both systems must be usable most of the time. That's what they are for.
>
> If it isn't worth your effort to stop recording *television* or use your
> desktop PC for a short period of time to valgrind on a more powerful
> motherboard/CPU combo,

You are oversimplifying the situation in a negative way. That is wrong.

I don't want to mess with the desktop nor with the mythTV system.
But I *_DO_* want to assist in some way. Of course everybody overlooked
that. (!)
A virtual machine is one method.

Another question:

Would 1.666 Ghz AMD Thunderbird be 'powerfull' enough to run both the
backend and valgrind?