[mythtv-users] Don't get Mythweb running

Roman muzungu at gmx.net
Fri Jan 9 23:48:21 UTC 2009

Hi all

I have been trying to get mythweb running, unluckily without success.

System is a SUSE 11. First I just installed with yast what is/was on the
DVD. Then I downloaded the mythtv-plugins package and copied the mthyweb
part to /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb.
It does not seem to make a difference.

What I tried so far:

- URL http://127.0.0.1/mythweb in Mozilla gives a Error 403 / Access
denied. "Either no index file or no access to directory."
- URL http://127.0.0.1/mythweb/mythweb.php in Mozilla shows a nice
screen, that looks as to be the start screen. Clicking any link e.g.
Status (http://127.0.0.1/mythweb/status) ends with Error 404 Object not
found. URL could not be found.
- This I tried as user mythtv and as user muzungu (my account). Same result.
- All files and dirs in mythweb are wwwrun:www and rwxrwxrwx.
- I added
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Satisfy any
to /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/.htaccess so, access from my machine should
be granted, nor not?

- The mythweb.conf Files is located in the /etc/apache2/conf.d
directory. It points at
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb" >
and
    #    AuthType           Digest
    #    AuthName           "MythTV"
    #    AuthUserFile       /var/www/htdigest
    #    Require            valid-user
    #    BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
    #    Order              allow,deny
    #    Satisfy            any
 are all commented out, since I just wanted any user on localhost to be
able to access. But if necessary I can use authenticaton.
- There is no sub dir /conf in mythweb, as mentioned on some mythweb
webpages in the internet.
- There is also no htdigest file as shown in the config section above
(AuthUserFile       /var/www/htdigest). The only thing there is,is a
/srv/htdig directory.
- I have a joomla test website running at /srv/www/htdocs/joomla that
just works fine. so I guess, php and perl should not be the issue!?

I have tried forth and back. Can I be so difficult?

Appreciate any ideas and help.

Cheers

Roman