[mythtv-users] EIT suddenly not filling EPG

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:07:11 UTC 2009

On 10/01/2009, Martin Koller <m.koller at surfeu.at> wrote:

>  So my question: how can I check or debug why the EIT is not used any
>  longer ?

Do you have active EIT scanning enabled (in mythtv-setup)? If not,
passive scanning is only carried out whilst the satellite card is
tuned (recording or watching LiveTV)

>  Can  I force mythtv to somehow restart this gathering ?
>  Or more generally: how is it done inside mythtv in the case of getting
>  this information only from EIT - is it received and filled in
>  continuously or only on a periodic basis ?

There is an EIT log target for mythbackend which will provide more
detailed messages (see mythbackend -v help).

If active scanning is enabled, it occurs all the time in the
background. Note that there have been some recent fixes to the
0.21-fixes branch for EIT scanning.

You might also want to run the mythdb_optimize.pl script to make sure
your MythTV database is error free.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott