[mythtv-users] Adding a HDHomerun

Walker zflyer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 21:34:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 22:59 -0500, Walker wrote:
>
>> I currently have MythTV 0.21, Comcast Digital Cable, a Motorola STB, a
>> single SchedulesDirect lineup, and a single PVR-150.
>
> Most likely, you are going to need to create another SchedulesDirect
> lineup for digital. The channel space is completely different.
[..]

Thanks for the reply.  Before getting your response I went ahead and
added the HDHR in.

I have a single SchedulesDirect lineup with all channels accessible
through either the STB/PVR-150 and the HDHR.  Here are my steps:

- shutdown mythbackend.
- made a database backup.

In mythtv-setup:
- in capture card, I added the HDHomerun.
- in video sources, I created a new source just for the HDHR.
- in input connections, I associated the HDHR with the new video
source, then scanned for QAM-256, then QAM-64 channels.
- in channel editor, I removed all but the QAM HD channels (the only
ones I wanted) in the new video source.

- started up mythbackend.

In mythweb:
- in channel editor, I copied the xmlid's from existing comcast
remapped channels to my HDHR QAM channels.

I then ran "mythfilldatabase --refresh-today", which gave me guide
data for my new channels.  I successfully made a test recording.  The
only issue at this point was the PVR was a higher priority than the
HDHR and bumping the HDHR from recording HD content.  Following the
doc's (#12.6) recommendation I removed then re-added my PVR and HDHR,
making the HDHR first.  Everything looks good a this point.