[mythtv-users] HD Homerun questions

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Tue Jan 13 00:57:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 04:10:05PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Well, I ordered one from NewEgg for delivery later this week. We'll
> see how it goes. As a start I'll try using the Mac mini as a secondary
> server and try limiting my recordings to 480p.

You know you can't do that, right?

Whatever comes down the pipe, 1080i, 720p, 480p/i -- that's what
comes out of the HDHR. You can transcode after the fact, but not
limit what comes in.

But the MacMini will have no trouble recording 1080i from the
HDHR, so don't worry about it. Recording and playing back
simultaneously -- that would be challenging, I think.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.