[mythtv-users] Firewire stops working -- and how to record twice?

Chris Niggel blastzone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 19:48:56 UTC 2009

I'm experiencing the DCH3200 problem as well, sometimes the box will
fail to record.  It still changes channels, and seems to sometimes
recover from an encrypted channel, sometimes does not.

Bumping mythbackend brings back the ability to record from that tuner.
My solution so far has been to write a script that automatically
restarts mythbackend daily at 8am - thus I only lose a day of shows at
most.

I will check on my "reset firewire bus" option tonight.