[mythtv-users] More hours of messing with mythtv yield zero result

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 04:01:02 UTC 2009

I have put mythbuntu on several systems and always follow the advice I
give on the subject:

Unless you have some other things on this system you need to keep, start over.
Get Mythbuntu from the web site and print out on paper a copy of the
mythbuntu installation manual.
With the manual in front of  you, go through it page by page carefully
following each step.  When you complete a step, turn the page and go
to the next step.  If you mess up a step, start over.

I do this and it always works perfectly.  I average 3 start-overs per install.

If you want a full ubuntu installation, go to the control center in
mythbuntu when mythtv is working and check the box that loads the rest
of a ubuntu system.  I have done this on 2 of my systems and left the
third as mythbuntu configured it.

Allen