[mythtv-users] Firewire stops working -- and how to record twice?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:26:46 UTC 2009

Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 09:32:21AM -0500, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>
>> Are you getting the behavior that the show appears to record, and is
>> available from the watch recordings menu, but when you try to play it
>> it says that the recording could not be found and the only thing you
>> can do is cancel or delete the entry?
>
> This is standard behaviour for Myth on a fully failed recording.  Myth
> does not yet robustly identify this happening, unfortunately.
> (ie. if a recording fails and produces no output, myth should consider
> it failed and try to re-record, but instead it thinks it got it.)

I haven't checked the code (unwell + wrestling with minimyth ATM) but a sanity
check at the end of the recording might be useful. Check that a non-zero length
file actually exists before logging this program as successfully recorded. Can't
check for a file of the correct length: I don't think that can be done, as the
bitrate etc could vary for a number of reasons, but an actual file with data
would be easier to confirm. And as Brad suggested, a failed recording for
whatever reason should result in a reschedule request.

--

Mike Perkins