[mythtv-users] Looking ahead: system requirements for .22

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:02:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the talk of .22 and its new user interface starting to heat up
> here, I am curious as to what type of system requirements will be
> needed to run this version and take advantage of the all the new
> OpenGL stuff.

I'm running on the exact same hardware I was running 0.21 on.  The only real
difference I can see is that people may want to invest in Nvidia 8000/9000
series cards in order to us VDPAU which currently can render video using the
GPU but it looks like Isaac is also working on getting it to render the
menus as well which really would make it the killer hardware to have.

Kevin