[mythtv-users] TV or monitor?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Jan 18 16:45:29 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> About the only real difference any more is that TV sets generally have
> built-in tuners. Things like pulldown are found more on TVs than monitors,
> but this may be changing as well.

Don't some TVs have really high quality mode conversion hardware,
with very sophisticated deinterlacing. I've seen SD on a 720p
Sony Bravia, crystal sharp and with no discernible motion
blur. Would it not work well to have Myth match it's output
mode to the content and allow the TVs hardware to do the
conversion. Not so obviously with a monitor.

Cheers,
	Paul.