[mythtv-users] Wierd blur/corruption at the bottom when playing video

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 19 14:42:59 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 5:14 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/1/19 David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>:
>> I haven't bothered to fix it.  If I had a file important enough I'd
>> try ...
>>
>> - transcoding and cropping the bottom of the image
>> - turning up the overscan on playback.
>
> Why fix the source when as stated this issue *only* happens when using
> the mythtv internal player...?

Because you appear to want to use it and are complaining about the
bottom portion. He suggested a work-around until you can fix your
problem.

> This is an issue with mythtv, not the video file being played.
>
> This doesn't happen with other players like mplayer, vlc, xine etc..

I haven't seen anything like this on the list, so it appears to be
something unique to your setup. Please provide as much information
about it as you can including
MythTV version, video card and driver version, playback settings, does
this happen with all videos or just particular ones, what have you
done to try to troubleshoot and as always, logs.

-Brad