[mythtv-users] Strange mythweb OT: Force Mythweb to mobile for iphone?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jan 20 00:42:26 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:

>> On Jan 19, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>>
>>> Off Topic, is it possible to force mythweb to Mobile to view nicely
>>> on the
>>> iphone?
>>
>> You don't like the current mythweb on your iphone? I kind of like
>> it. :)
>> If you want a mobile view, you can certainly choose the mobile
>> template. Go to Mythweb Settings for Mythweb and change your template
>> for your current session.
>>
>> In other news, a new template is being made specifically for the iPod
>> (just noticed in trunk) and from what I see, it's really pretty.
>>
>> -Brad
>
> Can this be specified from the URL though?

You mean the new iPod interface? Your browser is detected as on an
iPod and defaults to that interface.
If you're asking if you can specify the mobile template with a URL,
yes.. like I said: http://yourmachine/mythweb/settings/mythweb

If you're asking if you can choose a particular template by passing a
query string to a URL... I have no idea. Like I said before.. I kind
of like using the regular default template on my iPhone. Assuming the
code is finished for next release, you will automatically get the new
iPod interface when you connect using an iPod/iPhone.

-Brad