[mythtv-users] Digital Audio Problems - Noisey, stuttering, skipping

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Tue Jan 20 02:50:01 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:

> Perhaps you can join the thread "Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working"
> and help those guys out as you seem like you all have similar
> problems.
>
> That said, here is a caned reply I give people and it might help you
> as you seem to be running Fedora, which seems to be a special case.
>
> Let that thread know if you get it working.
>
> Allen

Well, I might as well join in. I have a MSI mb with hdmi and although
I did get it working with Alsa:hw0,3 I can't control the volume (which
is ok), but my main problem is all the audio is a little chipmunk
sounding. I think on my old board I had some setup where there were
plugins and something like 44khz and 48khz settings. I wonder if the
audio is going through the system at the faster rate or not being
converted properly so it sounds higher pitched.

- James