[mythtv-users] Apple HD Trailers: not so HD

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Tue Jan 20 16:26:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 23:01 -0500, Adam Stylinski wrote:
> On the mailing list there was a discussion?  Or somewhere else?  I've
> googled around quite a bit.  People have added fixes here and there,
> but all of those seem to have worked their way into the current
> revision I'm using.  The last real update to it seems to have been
> around Januaryish '08 so I'm hoping that someone is still maintaining
> it.

Adam,

  The problem with the trailer script is the Apple site now lists all
the HD trailers on a single line (480, 720, 1080). The script grabs the
first matching file and you get the 480p trailer.

  I did some quick mods to the script and it appears that I can grab the
HD trailers. I only let the script start downloading the first trailer
and then exited.

  Attached is a diff -u patch. I do not use diff so I may have screwed
it up, but try it out and let me know.

Cheers,
James