[mythtv-users] mythBuntu problems 9.04 Alpha 2

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 17:06:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Mike <mtn_biker_mike at yahoo.com> wrote:

> mythBuntu problems,  I loaded Mythbuntu 9.04 Alpha 2 now available<http://www.mythbuntu.org/9.04/alpha2> ,
> did all the upgrades, now it is stuck with an upgrade for the apache server
> for the my .21 fixes
>
> What Distbution and Ver would you run?

The stable release is version 8.10 (released 10/2008). The version you
loaded is set to be released in April (04/2009). The 9.04 stands for the
year.month of the release. Also for future reference anything labeled
'alpha' means it is still in developement and is almost certain to be
unstable and full of bugs. You shouldn't really run alpha stuff unless it is
your intention to help the devs work out the problems. Beta usually means
most stuff is working but there are bugs being worked out. Unless you are
Google, where beta means 'stable release but we want the "beta" excuse for
as long as possible in case anything goes wrong. (Written as I look at the
'beta' label placed under my Gmail logo)