[mythtv-users] qt4.4 upgrade broke mysql connections from mythtv

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jan 20 22:26:46 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> I just upgraded to qt4.4 via ubuntu hardy backports and started getting
> errors in my currently installed version of mythtv:
>
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
>
> So I removed everything, redownloaded the source, rebuild, etc.
> Everything went smoothly except when I start up the backend I still get
> this error. Any pointers appreciated.
>
> 2009-01-20 13:36:55.645 New DB connection, total: 1
> 2009-01-20 13:36:55.645 MSqlDatabase::OpenDatabase(), db object is not
> valid!

The wiki says that you need libqt3-mt-mysql
for ubuntu, but I think that that page is referring to the pre-qt4 state.

These are some lines from my dependencies script *for Fedora* (works for
  8, 9 and 10)

  echo "          ********************************* "
   echo ""
  echo "         Update to qt4: does NOT install the 15 Meg of qt4-docs"
  echo "         Note that these file names are case sensitive"
  echo ""
  yum -y install qt qt-devel qt-MySQL qt4 qt4-devel qt4-mysql qt4-x11
  echo "  Add the libmysqlclient libraries to LDPATH through ld.so.conf"
  echo "/usr/lib/mysql" >> /etc/ld.so.conf
  ldconfig
  echo ""
  echo "          Otherwise you get the error: QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3
driver not loaded"
  echo "          when myth tries to contact the database, as the client
library is not found."

You will have to troll through the ubuntu repos to find the exact names
which Ubuntu uses for these particular files. And I think this listing
misses some of the things like QtWebkit, where the actual name has
changed with every different version in Fedora so that the error spit
out by myth's configure does not directly name the package. Hope you
have better luck.

Geoff