[mythtv-users] Plagued by DVI screen blanking.

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 02:33:14 UTC 2009

I've recently switched from S-Video to DVI output for HD awesomeness,
and have had no end of perplexing problems with screen blanking.
Every time I think I've got it licked, it goes dark again and I let
loose a litany of profanity.  What's worse is that the remote has been
acting up ever since I did this, too.

Some probably desired data points:

I'm using Mythbuntu based on 8.04.1.  I've got an nVidia card GeForce
6200 card driving the output.  If I switch to a virtual terminal and
back, it clears both the IR remote and the blanking problem (but just
hitting a key on the keyboard doesn't), sometimes for the rest of the
show.  I've only seen this while I watch recordings.  The menu never
blanks or stops listening to the remote.  The screensaver in xfce is
disabled, and I disable DPMS when I bring up X (and add 0's into all
the timeouts).  I do notice that some of these things are changed
(DPMS enable/disable, prefer blanking no/yes) when I pop in and out of
watching a recording, but changing them when the screen blanks doesn't
fix this.

So, where do I look next?

--
Jason Sullivan