[mythtv-users] Backend crash with malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:32:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Adam McCarthy <ug32axm at cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> It looks like mythbackend made an SQL query.  The MySQL server was either
> down or unresponsive, so didn't return any data.  Mythbackend then didn't
> sanity check the query result - it just proceeded to take the null return
> and process it somehow.
>
> It might be worth checking your MySQL logs prior to 21:02:40 and seeing if
> anything happened.
>
> Adam

Thanks for your reply!

I checked the mysql log as you requested for that time span looks
fine, nothing unusual.  I also examined my mythfrontend log and see
that most likely I hit the power shutdown switch just before the last
mysql statement that you see in my dump.  Perhaps mysql shut down in
response to the power switch before that message was generated and it
should be ignored.

Allen