[mythtv-users] PVR150 issue

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jan 22 15:54:59 UTC 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 08:36:14 linuxbox at beachdaze.com wrote:
> Bought a used PVR150 off e-bay.  Setup fine in Mythbuntu 8.10 AMD64.  I'm
> getting green artifacts when when viewing anything Myth related (Live TV or
> recordings).  The tuner is connected directly to the cable system (no set
> top box) with a 100' run of RG6.  I might be able cut it down to about 65'
> - 70'.  Any ideas?

First try taking Myth out of the equation. Try manually tuning a channel and
then "cat"ing the output to a file. Then try playing the file with some
standalone player app.

Much as I hate to suggest it, you might also try using the card under Windows,
since you have it on the system,

You want to try and narrow the problem down to the card, Myth, or something
else like the drivers.

--
beww
beww at beww.org