[mythtv-users] Upgrade and moving of backend

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Thu Jan 22 21:35:58 UTC 2009

  Others can speak more clearly on the matter, but I don't think you can downgrade the database once you have upgraded it to .22. I recall seeing on this list that they are making a few significant changes to the database structure that would make it incompatable with .21. I am not sure if that is what you meant by going "back" but I just thought the clarification may help. Obviously, you could go back to a backed up copy of your .21 database though.

Thanks for the clarification, I intend on making a full SQL backup of the database before and after, (and regularly). The server does more than just myth so the database is imporant.
Thanks,
Gareth