[mythtv-users] Mythtv, Gentoo, DVB and 2.6.28 kernel not compiling

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 02:18:35 UTC 2009

So, I'll admit I haven't updated my Mythtv install in a few months, nor
my kernel in a bit, but just this past week I've run into a bit of
trouble trying to emerge the latest stable mythtv package,
mythtv-0.21_p19046 .  The story goes that I updated to the 2.6.28
kernel, then tried to emerge the mythtv update, and it now fails to
detect the DVB 3.1 or higher source in dvbtype.h :

warning: #warning *DVB* API version < *3*.*1*, ATSC over *DVB* will

warning: #warning ATSC will not be supported using
the Linux DVB drivers

LOG: setup
This ebuild now uses a heavily stripped down version of your CFLAGS

ERROR: compile

ERROR: media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p19046 failed.
Call stack:
              ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
            environment, line 3364:  Called die
The specific snippet of code:
      emake || die "emake failed";
 The die message:
  emake failed

If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p19046/temp/build.log'.
The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p19046/temp/environment'.

Only if I emerge without DVB enable will it finish the compile.

I've tried re-emerge the dvb-headers (not that I really should now for
2.6.28), no change.
Anyone else having this issue?

-JK