[mythtv-users] Satellite TV and MythTV, getting started

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Fri Jan 23 04:52:38 UTC 2009

Many thanks Brad and John, you both gave me similar answers so I think I
got my marching orders... I will use the S-video input of the PVR350
card for now with the DirectTV set top box and use the Hauppauge HD-PVR
latter when it is better supported and fully released. I will look
around for the USB to serial adapter does not sound very hopeful so will
also look into the IR Blaster as a way to control it. This all sounds
quite doable...

   Marc..