[mythtv-users] Satellite TV and MythTV, getting started

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jan 23 14:43:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 08:00:38AM -0500, David Asher wrote:
> > I will look around for the USB to
> > serial adapter does not sound very hopeful so will also look into the IR
> > Blaster as a way to control it.
>
> I found these when I was looking.  Note that I have not TRIED them
> yet, but the website seems to know about the issue and claims these
> work with linux:

...I thought the problem was the DirecTV box, not Linux.

I followed a link posted by someone else and had no trouble
with setup. At the time, they seemed more expensive than
they should have been but they've been trouble free.

Although IR blasters are still quite doable. They aren't as
bad as a lot of people say. Plenty of people (Tivo users)
got by with them before wired control methods were more
commonplace.

The main problem with IR blasters is dealing with LIRC.

[deletia]