[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Jan 23 16:39:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:34:30PM -0500, A JM wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > To get lcdproc to correctly use the graphical display, you need to
> > apply the pactch at
> > http://codeka.com/blogs/imon/lcdproc-0.5.2-imonlcd-0.3.patch.  Then
> > set the driver to be "imonlcd" in LCDd.conf.  You can turn the
> > backlight off by setting "backlight=0" in the "[imonlcd]" section of
> > LCDd.conf.
> [...]
>
> David,
>
> I'm not seeing some of the options that you suggested above in
> lcdproc-0.5.2.
>
> In my LCDd.conf file the driver section looks like the following:
>
> # The following drivers are supported:
> #   bayrad, CFontz, CFontz633, CFontzPacket, curses, CwLnx, ea65,
> #   EyeboxOne, g15, glcdlib, glk, hd44780, icp_a106, imon, IOWarrior,
> #   irman, joy, lb216, lcdm001, lcterm, lirc, MD8800, ms6931, mtc_s16209x,
> #   MtxOrb, NoritakeVFD, picolcd, pyramid, sed1330, sed1520, serialPOS,
> #   serialVFD, sli, stv5730, svga, t6963, text, tyan, ula200, xosd
> Driver=imon

The patch I referenced doesn't update LCDd.conf to list imonlcd as an
available driver or give sample options.  Just make sure imonlcd.so
gets built and installed when you build lcdproc.  FYI, you'll need to
run autoconf and maybe even automake after you patch lcdproc to make
sure imonlcd.so gets built.

> Also, I see backlight=yes/no not 0/1 are we looking at the same versions?

I think either will work.  I tried backlight=0 when I heard it could
be controlled and it worked for me.  Only later did I see
backlight=yes/no elsewhere in LCDd.conf.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net