[mythtv-users] Installing WinTV-HVR-1600 tuner card for MythTV

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:12:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM, George Langford
<george at georgesbasement.com> wrote:
> I groaned:
>>
>> The command, "cd v41-dvb" is a mystery.  Not "change directory" for sure.
>
> Kevin wrote:
>
>> cd = Change Directory
>>
>> The "hg" command should have created a subfolder named "v4l-dvb" which is
>> V4L-DVB (in lowercase).  The instructions are telling you to change into
>> that directory in order to compile the source code you downloaded with the
>> "hg" command
>
> And Robert wrote:
>
>> It is indeed Change Directory, and it's and L "ELL" and not a 1 "One."
>> The hg clone checks the v4l-dvb repository out into a directory called
>> v4l-dvb.
>
> Alas, it's still a mystery.  All I've got in my filesystem is the following
> driver (still compressed):
>>

>> /home/george/200GB01/KnoppMyth/HauppaugeDriver/v4l-dvb-f4d7d0b84940.tar.bz2
>
> A filesearch on either V4L-DVB or D41-DVB (even lower case) finds nothing
> else.
>
> Perhaps I should have done all this as root ?

Maybe you ran these commands together and not seperatly.

Run

sudo apt-get install mercurial linux-headers-2.6.18-5-k7 build-essential

And when that finishes Run

hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

It should create a folder v4l-dvb in the same folder as your running
the command.