[mythtv-users] ext4 vs XFS for mythbuntu

Gareth Glaccum gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Sat Jan 24 19:53:37 UTC 2009

One of the reasons I am seriously considering moving to ext4, even it is a
little experimental. A lot of the time was spent searching for duplicate
inode declarations. With ext3, every inode is searched, every block. With
ext4, block groups are supposedly marked as either not-in-use or in-use,
which should have reduced that search time somewhat.
The array was ~50% full, total 3Tb.

Not a happy couple of months. Major reason for waiting for it to finish was
because of photos which were not backed up.
Gareth