[mythtv-users] Moving data/myth setup to different machine - howto?

Comments comments at mecworks.com
Sun Jan 25 16:50:01 UTC 2009

I want to migrate my existing install of myth - all the currently
recorded shows and the current database settings/content to an entirely
new machine.  Or that's what it boils down to:

This is what's actually happening - I have all myth recorded shows on a
separate partition.  This machine is currently running openSUSE 10.3 and
I want to reinstall using opensuse 11.1.  However, I want to preserve my
current settings, data, etc.

Is there a way to do this?  Is there a way to backup all settings,
install the new OS, and restore?  The data partition will not be touched
during the upgrade but everything else (including the old mythTV
installation) will be replaced.

Thanks!

--
Marc