[mythtv-users] UK FreeSAT and ITV-HD

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 09:24:59 UTC 2009

2009/1/26 Robert <RobertCL at iname.com>:
> On Mon, January 26, 2009 7:16 am, Bradley Kite wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Has any body had success with ITV-HD on FreeSAT?
>>
>> I've tried scanning (with both MythTV and dvbscan) but cannot find the
>> channel?
>>
>> I can get BBC-HD just fine.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> --
>> Brad.
>
> It's on 11428h, symbolrate 27500.
>
> You need to patch Myth to make it play back
> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5388) and even then I still get some
> front-end crashes if I seek around too much, but it's watchable.
>
> Robert.

Hi.

Thanks for the info. I'm running 0.21-fixes at the moment so will need
to pick a good (ie stable) time to move to trunk in order to use the
latest of the patches mentioned in that ticket (otherwise my wife
might get upset). Can any one recommend a reasonably stable revision
of trunk, or is it a "finger in the air" type thing?

I tried a scan last night using dvbscan - and it didnt find any channel 10510.

Maybe my /usr/share/dvb/dvb-s/Astra-28.2E file needs updating - it
doesnt mention 11428h/27500 (closest is: S 11426000 H 27500000 2/3)

Thanks in advance.
--
Brad.