[mythtv-users] US to postpone analog TV death

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:12:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Marc Feldman <marc at openivo.com> wrote:
> A local antenna service technician told me that many stations broadcasting
> analog and digital keep the digital signal power low to prevent
> interference.  He suggested that the digital signal will get a boost once
> the analog is turned off.  I never heard that before, but it would be good.
> The catchment area for digital seems smaller than analog in my area now.
>
> Marc Allan Feldman

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Many stations still don't have their
digital transmitter at the top of their tower(s), that will come with
the transition.

I'm actually able to grab digital stations from about 55 miles away
using a fairly small directional antenna (AntennaCraft HDX1000)
mounted on the front of my house. I couldn't get anything with analog.
Of course, your mileage my vary.