[mythtv-users] hdpvr recording o byte files

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 26 19:13:15 UTC 2009

On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:02 AM, jedi wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 07:33:11PM -0500, Eppo Eppleston wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Robert McNamara
>> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
> [deletia]
>> i'm just saying that that wiki is confusing. it says that no
>> patching is
>> necessary in one spot, and then has patches underneath.
>
> The version of trunk that I am using has never been patched. I don't
> really see the point of using a version control snapshot AND patching
> the source. That seems rather redundant.

Well, then please let me explain. Some patches are submitted but not
applied to the code base for various reasons (unknown if it works and
needs testing, doesn't apply cleanly to latest code, code needs to be
reworked to match project style before being committed to trunk, just
a hack in place until the correct way to do it has been coded, and
plenty of other reasons I'm sure). So if you check out a trunk version
it means you're checking out all code that has been deemed worthy of
being a part of the project as it currently stands. Patches may or may
not be applied to trunk depending on how well they work, how well they
contribute to the direction of the project, how well the patch follows
the vision of the feature from the designer, etc.

Does that help make more sense out of it?

> I used to have problems with zero length files with my original HDPVR.
> This tended to occur if I tried to capture from an interface that
> wasn't connected or if I changed the resolution. The version of
> everytthing
> that I have been using (hdpvr driver + myth trunk + firmware) I
> think is
> not supposed to handle resolution changes on the HDPVR.
>
> So I just have it locked at 720p.
>
> [deletia]
>
> Now, the backend/hdpvr occassionally needs restarted.
>
> Although that's not really any different than my experience with
> MythTV
> in general including several formal releases.

I've also locked my STB's to outputting only 720p and do longer worry
about resolutions changing on me or not having a source connected.

-Brad