[mythtv-users] HDHomerun problem timeout scanning channels -- no tables

Douglas E. Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Tue Jan 27 02:40:56 UTC 2009

Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> I've recently purchased an HDHomerun but am having problems getting the
> channels to scan.  Most channels timeout with "no tables", but some timeout
> with "no signal".  When I do a scan from hdhomerun_config I see my unencrypted
> channels available with good signal strength.

So my problem was that I had my firewall blocking inbound UDP connections.  I
didn't realize that mythtv didn't have a predictable UDP port to use for the
HDHR, so I've just allowed all inbound UDP from the IP for my HDHR (in
addition to inbound UDP port 65001 from my network segment so I can discover
new devices in the future).

-Doug